As a member of user experience design team, I was involved with working on the presentation for our clients, to demonstrate our research for the future campaign of the University of Waterloo’s Instagram page. My team decided to work independently and divided the presentation into equal parts in order to finish on time. While I was preparing for the presentation, I deployed the professional skill of decision-making in order to present only the most significant information to our clients, make the presentation more interesting, and show the best side of our campaign.

            In order to successfully complete this task, I worked through the user test reports, based on our clients’ interests and goals of our campaign. The time constrain also played an important role in making my decision for the each component of our presentation. I knew the presentation should not take more then 10 minutes in order to keep our clients’ interests and let other teams present. Keeping it in mind I knew we only had time to present the most significant results. I made sure me and my team were focusing only on the important information and the most significant findings from our research. I compiled a list of requirements in order to make the presentation interesting and useful for our clients. I went through Stakeholders document, which was created after the interview with the stakeholders at the beginning of our project, and based on our client’s interest I began to sort the information. I created a list of the alternative findings that were discovered during the user test interviews to help me concentrate on the most important information. I wanted make the information we were presenting as accurate as possible. I tried to not overlook any viable alternatives and didn’t waste time considering any alternative findings, which had no realistic value for our clients. The user test reports were made after each user test interview and each of them consisted of a lot of important outcomes. The reports contained important data such as highlights of the research, interesting findings, and the problems users encounter. Based on our clients’ interests and goals of the campaign, I weighing the pros and cons of the best findings from our research. This process helped me to narrow down all the possible findings that needed to be included into the presentation. After selecting the most useful findings, I made sure the part of the presentation that was done by me was consistent and non-repetitive with the rest of our presentation.

            After I had done this, the presentation we created for our stakeholders was consistent and to the point. We were able to highlight the most important aspects of our research and present how our campaign relates to our research.